Tuesday 30 March 2010

Easter so far...

Well, it's been very odd to be back at home and not at uni. I must admit I haven't done quite enough (well...any!) work so far this week. My parents have been redecorating the whole house, and I've been...ermmm...not doing much at all. It has been a welcome break from work, work, work at university though. I really must do some dissertation tomorrow.

For lent, me and my uni friends always give something up. Last year I gave up chocolate, this year I decided to give up chocolate, bread and biscuits! While I was doing this, I figured I may as well go the whole way and eat more healthily in general. After the first week it has been pretty easy and now I've lost the best part of 2stone. So, on the health-kick I appear to be on, I decided to take Jet on a run on the canal...

I went against the idea of running with her on a lead as she pulls like a small train as it is, and I could imagine the chaos. We found a relatively non-muddy bit and set off for about 15mins or so. Jet was ahead of me, going at not much more than a trot (oh the shame) and would have a sniff while I flailed miserably behind her. Anyway, she stopped to sniff and I kept going past her. Next minute...where's Jet? I soon see the crazy black thing precariously balanced on the edge, contemplating going in for a two ducks. She does keep me entertained!

We had agility in the evening, she was surprisingly a very good girly! We had a couple of mistakes but her weaves were amazing and she was listening really well. Leanne very kindly stood with some treats for her on the aframe to really drive her on...it worked very well as she flew over the apex every time and later in the session I was giving her treats on it randomly too. We also worked very briefly on her cross behinds which she is really struggling to read at the moment for some reason. We did have progress by the end of the night though and she was getting much better. I guess we'll see at Hare & Hounds.

Forgot to say in my Rotherdrax post, Jet was seen by the McTimoney Spinal Therapist, and our friend from Rotherham, Kath. She has nothing wrong with her and Kath said she was in fine shape and brilliant condition, so I was very pleased. I like having her checked at the beginning of the season, mid-season and at the end too. I know some people don't full believe in the technique, but I can't see it can do any harm, and if nothing else she gets a nice massage.


No comments: