Saturday 27 March 2010

Rotherdrax

I love the Drax venue, so when Rotherham was moved there I was secretly quite pleased!

Jet was in Barneys with Norah, George, Murphy and Brooke. The morning racing was rather a disaster with our team somewhat resembling something from Wacky Races! George wasn't quite right, and Norah was spinning running against the two(!) empty lanes so it was understandable really. In the end we did 18.90 (with 0.25s start, so really 18.65), so not too terrible but I know we can go much faster. Jet seemed to run really well, I was a very pleased owner! Her box was neat and tight, mainly as I was shouting her before it and she was coming back nicely. They came 3rd in the end.

I had the posh camera with me to take some high speed shooting of the box for my dissertation. Luckily I was free during div.1, so I was able to film loads of turns there. It was a good draw really as there was High Flyers and Live Wires on uprights, Rotherham and Dream Team on hybrids and finally Cleveland and Cheshire Set on boomerangs. It meant that I could compare all of the boxes pretty equally. I started off focussing on Flyers for Kristian, but then Live Wires and Rotherham asked if I'd do a few more of them too, so now I have many videos to distribute. It was amazing to watch them back and see exactly what some of the turns (that look pretty neat and fast in "real life") actually look like. Live Wires looked absolutely amazing and ran 16.70 (0.1s off the British Record), and congrats to the High Flyers too who did 17.10s (with no Badger).

I boxloaded for Chip and the Nights who came 4th, and captained Barking who came 4th as well, after a tough draw.

Finally, thanks to Sharon from High Flyers for making Jetly her supercool new pink boots! :D


No comments: