Thursday 8 April 2010

Hare & Hounds Day 3

No courses this time, as it's taking too long!

Sunday the classes were thankfully back on and Jet was ready to go, as ever.

First run was 1-3 Agility, well we were out of it from the start as she was sooo wound up on the start line, she flew her seesaw. The rest was lovely though, apart from putting the brakes on for the dogwalk up-plank - but so did every other dog in the class for some reason. It was very odd indeed!

Doc's 1-3 jumping was a nice course, but I have no idea what I was doing. I'd walked it (along with possibly 8 other courses!) and when I lead out for her wait, I had a total mind blank. I got to the wrong side and released Jet, only to realise I didn't know what the hell I was doing. She did the top bit beautifully though, which was a send on for a few jumps and back to the tunnel. Good crossbreed, bad handler.

1-7 agility was very straightforward and I was interested to run it. Unfortunately Jet's only fear in the world (strangely of people with things on their heads that aren't hats?!) surfaced as the scribe had a pair of rabbit ears on. Like it did at Doncaster with the reindeer antlers, she couldn't take her eyes off the scribe and kept turning back to look at him. Strange dog, we have tried getting people to wear all manner of hats and I thought she was fine...back to the drawing board.

Bad runs out of the way - phewww!

We did have some good runs on Sunday, honest. We watched June Burrow setting up her Grade 3 Jumping course, and she explained to us that she was improvising because of the ground conditions. She ran her young dog over it a few times and we got to walk it just before lunch. It was an interesting course, with only jumps and tunnels but the opportunity for lots of poles. Jet ran it beautifully, she was running full Jet speed and was so tight around everything. I was sooo pleased with this run. When we'd done, June shouted over "that was absolutely lovely". At presentations I had no idea, where she'd come and eventually they read out 2nd place and it was us!! June remembered my "little black dog" and said she thought we'd won it. It turned out she was only 0.06s behind the winner...close or what!

The second semi-successful run of the day was another agility (g1-3? I'm not sure!). Anyway, this was immediately after the terrifying c1-7 run, so I was paranoid Jet was worried and I was feeling a bit on edge. We wound Jet up and she was a happy bunny again. She set off nicely but I really pushed her dogwalk and she missed the contact...oops (I didn't put her back on, as I didn't want to flatten her after said previous run!). I carried on, but was very wide with a pull through as I layered in a few more obstacles than anticipated. I held her aframe and seesaw too. I was shocked that she placed 24th with 5F, and would have been 4th, even with the holding of the aframe/seesaw/wideness. Not bad Jetly...

Will add Monday asap!

No comments: