Friday 9 April 2010

Hare & Hounds Day 4

Right, this four-day write up business is killing me...so here goes *briefly*.

She did a cracking agility run but unfortunately got E'd pulling through a gap...or should I say not pulling through a gap and back jumping! Then she had the most amazing jumping round which I'm pretty confident she'd have won (and I don't often say that :O) if she hadn't wrapped the wing right instead of left, two obstacles from the end. It was full Jet speed and neat. Next time!

c1-7 jumping was a nice course by Jacqui Tarn, it wasn't too hard but also wasn't just a blast round. I kind of walked it (but was too excited to hear that High Flyers multi team had just done 16.95s...so was a bit distracted in awe!) and thought we could give it a go. We ran just before the end of the class, she ran it nicely and I left her to do lots of it on her own (lazy handler), but on the homeward straight of five jumps, I was a few jumps behind and she spun to look at me, barked at me and then eventually straightened her up and carried on. She ended up 24th, which was a shock as it was a very botched run!

c3-4 jumping was a very easy, blasty course. I left her in a four jump wait, and she flew along the start, we just wasted lots of time towards the end when I kind of forgot what I was doing. It had been a long 4 days! She came 14th with a time of 19.9s and the winner was 18.something? She'd have been much higher up the placings had it been smooth.

Final run was c1-7 ABC Jumping. There were numerous very speedy beardies, kelpies, aussies, lurchers, labs and crossbreeds that Leanne and I spotted over the weekend - so I didn't really think we had a shot at this. When we saw the course was very simple, no weaves and just a blast around tunnels and jumps I thought we had even less chance. Anyway, she ran the course really well, she was super. The only niggle was at the end when she had to do a rear cross (recurring theme?) and she slowed up a bit for the last jump. Anyway, to my amazement she came 2nd! The winner was a G6 dog that was only 0.4s ahead of her (and I think we wasted that!), and third place was a G5...so the girl was good!

Overall, I was sooo pleased with Jetly. I felt like we could give anything a go at least, and in some cases she did really surprise me. I was super-pleased with her weaves as she got them lovely every time (except once, day one!). She was letting me layer in obstacles and send her on like an absolute pro, plus she was going at a fair speed too. Her contacts were lovely and she was definitely up for it every day. Good girly Jet!

A few well dones! Firstly, well done to Cat and Gypsy on their placings in G3 and their 4th in Juniors. Also well done to Leanne and Dylan who also broke into the top 3, and had numerous other placings along the way! Jet had fun chilling in her caravan with Dyl...clearly they had words with each other whilst there!

No comments: